The student books in the Alphakids Digital Library provide instructional support through carefully graded texts, with the levels carefully increasing in complexity through Guided Reading Levels 1-24 and the four Reading Stages:
The texts work to create steady reading progress by drawing the reader’s attention to increasingly complex print features.
The Alphakids Digital Library difficulty levels are based on;
- complexity of concepts in the text,
- length of text,
- amount of text on a page,
- size and placement of text on a page,
- the amount of contextual support in the illustrations,
- and the complexity of syntax and vocabulary.
The books are organised in levels so that children get sufficient practice from several texts at their instructional level.